Tuesday 19 October 2010

T.I. - Got Your Back ft. Keri Hilson [Official Video] Analysis

This video is very good. There is narrative which tells a story. It is about the artist T.I, who recently came out of prison. He made a song for the women he loves, the women who took care of everything, his house, their children etc. He sings about how she made his life change and that he always 'got her back'.

The music video is very clever, it shows a man acting out how hard life was for T.I, when he was in prison. it showed flash backs of how life was before with the women he loves.

Now that he is out, he is extremely happy. There are a lot of camera shots showing how happy he is. Extreme closeups of his smiling face etc. I could tell that a steady camera was being used meaning that it was attached to the body of a camera man, which caused it to spin around. It showed T.I in one side of the background and as it spun around, it showed Keri Hilson in the over side singing the catchy chorus.  I found that very clever and extremley exciting. It was up to beat with the music because it's loud and fast.

Overall, the whole music video was very good. I learned what type of camera was being used, and also the various editing which was being shown, from the prison room, to the outside, the big house and cars etc. It also represents his freedom too also with the lyrics 'I got your back' which shows that he is here now and won't go away.

This could help me for my music video with my group. The steady camera idea could be really effective, so i will be sure to keep that in mind and hopefully use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment